Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Few Random Tidbits

* It has rained for 25 days straight here. One of Scott's co-workers recently asked him if he had seen Noah floating about.

* Rain makes me tired.

* My two oldest sisters flew 3000 miles to come visit a week ago, and despite the rain we had a nice time. (They also got into a snowball fight on Mt. Rainier and managed to knock the hubs into a creek. *hehehe*) If Sis ever gets around to emailing me, I'll post photos.

* His Furry Highness, while well-behaved around the guests, decided that Mummy should be punished for spending too much time with the visitors. After two puking sessions and some very pointed ignoring, we are now back to our normal royal/servant relationship.

* I'm considering seeing the "Nanny McPhee" movie, if only for the Colin Firth factor.

* Colin Firth and Alan Rickman both make me melt into gooey nothingness.

* I've spent way too much time this week perusing Epicurious and Allrecipes. The dreary weather is driving me to cook, and my recipe collection is a bit scanty. I'm definitely going to raid my mom's stash the next time I'm in her kitchen. Mmmm... Broccoli salad.....

* Speaking of my mother, I just may be in love with the black wool coat she sent me for Christmas. It is warm and delicious and has a HOOD. 'Nuff said.

*I'm going to curl up in the chair and read Winnie the Pooh now. Wake me when it stops raining.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I wish I was up there. I've always wanted to live in that part of the U.S.

Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it's been raining off-and-on here since Christmas. This is the weirdest January I can remember. Glad the visit went well; there will be no need for shoutings, then? #grins# Mom and Dad loved the pics; I will hopefully be taking them up for Bummy and Pappap to see soon.

Oh, and Alan Rickman, yes please #evil grins#