* Feeling a bit out of sorts this week- possibly because I'm playing a wedding this weekend and as usual I don't feel up to the challenge. I really need to see about getting a piano at home, since driving forty miles for rehearsals is eating up too much fuel.
* Mooch's schedule has been royally out of whack lately, from going to bed at obscene hours and skipping naps to waking up repeatedly in the night screaming for mommy. It may be a tooth she's cutting, but I REALLY REALLY hope this ends soon.
* It's hard to argue with Big Band music.
* Kiddo attended her uncles' (and yes, that is the plural) band concert last night, and was home for two hours still raving about "Music!!!" and "Open!! (curtain)".
* I'm rapidly becoming addicted to Jim Henson- between the Muppets and Fraggle Rock Mooch and I are both entertained for hours.
* I feel another cooking binge coming on- I have the ingredients for peanut butter bread this week, so we may be snacking in style. We've also discovered that diced sweet potatoes are fabulous fried up in a little butter.
* I can't decide if this is fabulous, or just too wacky for words. (Science!!!) Perhaps when Mooch starts reading...
* Speaking of reading: Green Eggs and Ham is the new favorite book at our house. She knows the story well enough to chime in on most of the rhymes, and will ask me to skip forward to the parts about the fox and the goat. She also explains to me at the end of the story that the eggs and ham are in the character's tummy. (Does that guy have a name? Or shall we just dub him Black Hat?)
* The library is saving my sanity. And the librarian we talked to yesterday made it a point to mention toddler story time- they use puppets!
* I'm considering getting a book of crossword puzzles- I need something to keep the brain working, and sudoku is becoming too formulaic. Does anyone have suggestions for mental exercises?
* I should really start going to bed before 1 a.m.